Sunday, September 30, 2012

The song that inspired For Ever

There was definitely some musical inspiration behind the writing of For Ever. I listen to a lot of music while writing. Two of the most influential bands, for me, have been The Smashing Pumpkins and Nine Inch Nails. However, there are a lot of bands whose entire catalog I don't own but I absolutely worship one or two of their songs.

One song in particular that inspired a great deal in For Ever -- particularly the very end -- came out while I was still in high school, 1995 to be exact. (I guess that reveals my age!) The album it's on is named after a household appliance, and it's by a band that was active nearly as long as I've been alive (1981 to 2011).

The sound of the song and its lyrics -- pretty much everything -- fit the last chapter of For Ever in so many ways.

So, can you guess the song?

No comments:

Post a Comment