Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A bit of humor (yes, another teaser)

In Sever, Wren gets a job ... and a co-worker Ever isn't fond of. (Read spoilers at your own risk.)






By the time I clock out, I’m restless and edgy. It doesn’t help that the second I walk out the door, I smell Mike before I see him. No matter how many times Rita tells him not to smoke in front of the store, he never listens. I turn and see him leaning against the building. When he pushes off and comes over to where I’m standing, I try to hold my breath as he exhales a plume of smoke from the corner of his mouth.
“Is Goldilocks late?” he smirks.
I smile as I see Ever appear behind him.
“No. He’s right behind you,” Ever says.
What the?!”
I smirk as Mike spins around, his cigarette dangling unattractively from his lower lip.
“Where the hell did you come from?” Mike gasps.
Ever looks over Mike’s head at me.
“Wren? Shall we?” Ever asks, holding out his hand for me to take.
I nod, trying not to giggle as Ever steps around Mike. As we walk around the corner of the building to Ever’s car, he looks down at me with a playful grin.
“Would you be angry if his car doesn’t start tonight?” he asks as he opens the car door for me.

1 comment:

  1. Is it mean to say that I enjoy Ever's pranks? :P I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! I'm just wondering when...? :3

    ReplyDelete